Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An Old Quilt Along

My favorite quilt blogger is starting another quilt along.  I was soo excited when I read about it.  Then I remembered I didn't finish the last quilt along.  Crap.  I can't buy more fabric and start another one when I haven't finished the last one.  After I started it I got morning sickness and then started on baby projects and just hadn't got back to it.  So last night I dug the box of scraps out of the closet and whipped out another three blocks.  There is supposed to be 70 blocks total (that's a lot of nine-patch blocks!).  I don't have a purpose in mind for this quilt.  It's not really a little girl fabric and it will only make a twin size quilt.  But I am having a fun time putting these blocks together with my patchwork foot and knee lifter.  It really makes a difference in efficientness (is that a word?).  Sorry, didn't mean to brag about my sewing machine, I am just loving it soo much it's hard to not talk about it.  So this is my project for now.  It's nice to have a little something to work on after the kids go to bed and the house is all cleaned up.

1 comment:

  1. Mariesa..that sounds so fun. I'm afraid I'm swamped but I love quilting. I'm working on an antique quilt right now. I have teenagers but it's still hard to squeeze out time to quilt and sew.I'm so glad you shared your picture on your profile. I've never seen you before! Hello!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails