Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Laundry Room


I know it's not a huge difference but I've got to start somewhere.  We have lived here for over five years and for over five years I have had the best intentions of getting the house decorated.  However, every time I go into a home decorating store I get soo overwhelmed by all the different styles and color schemes that I walk out empty handed.  So that's why I'm starting in the laundry room.  If I mess up the curtains it's not that big of a deal, right?  Joanns was having a sale on their home decor fabric.  I figured with it being 40% if I don't like it I can always start over.  I was actually happy that I don't hate the finished product.  Now I've just got to figure out what color I want in the front room. Well, now I've got one project down, a whole lot more to go.  But I'm off to a pretty good start, wouldn't you say?

2 comments:

  1. HEY!!!! I love the laundry room... beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you did is already more beautiful, but it still feels like you could do a bit more and be really happy with it.

    How about this:

    I'd say you should add a sign with little saying that will lift your spirits every time you look at it, and a plant or two. And, how about a calico drape over the vacuum cleaner so it will visually disappear, but stays real handy to reach? And I'd consider putting a nice cloth over the washer and dryer, of a material that will make that into function laundry folding space. Maybe I'd use calico for that as well, and then I put the plants into red pots to have that color come back into the room.

    All of these ideas will help balance the Chi in this room, making it both tidy, homey and decorated as well as functional.

    A Lee
    Reiki Master / Energy Teacher
    http://www.TherapeuticReiki.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails