Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Three Little Projects

So I've seen a few people around with fancy camera straps.  But when you look close at the stitching on them it's always crappy quality.  Just for fun I went to some of the popular websites to see how much they cost and I couldn't believe that people were paying $25 plus for a bad quality cutesy camera strap.  I came across this tutorial on Cluck Cluck Sew (sorry, no link, I haven't figured that one out yet) and decided to give it a shot.  My total cost of materials was a whopping $3.  $1 for the fabric and $2 for the Pellon fusible fleece.  It only took me about 15 minutes to do from start to finish and that's including turning it inside out twice to get the width just right.  I'd give this project two thumbs up.  Inexpensive, quick and functional.
My other project was to make refrigerator magnets.  All ya do is modge podge scrapbook paper onto a clothespin and glue a magnet on the back.  It's pretty darn simple!  My little sister gave me the cute scrapbook paper and matching flowers for my birthday last year.  I'm glad I found a way to display it and enjoy it everyday.
I love how it makes the fridge look so much more organized and cute.  Before it just had random advertising magnets on it.
And lastly, my crocheted headbands that I ordered came in the mail yesterday.  I do have to say that I didn't make the purple bow.  I got that one from a neighbor when Macey was born.  The nice thing about the crocheted bands is that you can put your bows on a clip and then stick it through the weave.  That way you can put a different bow on it.  I've still got more bow and flower ideas I want to do before the baby is born - but at least I'm off to a start.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your projects Mariesa! We are excited for you guys to have this baby. Looks like you are doing lots of fun things. I wish we lived closer so we could craft together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails