Monday, February 22, 2010

Washer Necklace

When I saw the tutorial on how to make a washer necklace on Blue Cricket I didn't really think much of it.    But as I get bigger and bigger my clothing options get smaller and smaller.  I am now limited to one skirt that fits comfortably to wear to church, and I needed something cute to go along with my blah outfit.  So then I remembered the post about washers on a ribbon and thought I could spray paint them burgundy since I have searched every single craft store in St. George and couldn't find burgundy beads.
So Macey and I headed off to the hardware store in search of washers and spray paint.  If I were to do things over again I would buy all the same size of washers.  I'm not sure why in the instructions she said to get three different sizes.  And also, (of course I didn't think of this until AFTER I had finished the necklace) I should've spray painted some kind of clear laquer on after the spray paint so it won't come off if it gets scratched.  Oh well, live and learn.  The tutorial to make this is right here.
Good gravy, can I get any bigger?



2 comments:

  1. the necklass is so cute. LOVE the cute pic. Love the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I've seen those washer necklaces before and never really liked them, but yours I could wear! Very clever to think to spray paint them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails