Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Library Bag


I have been thinking that I really need to take Macey to the library more.  I hate going there because I end up picking out the books while she sits and plays with the germy wood puzzles.  (Gag!)  So I made her her very own book bag to carry and put books in.  We tried it out this morning and she loved it.  It was two dollars very well spent.  (The bag was one dollar on clearance at Joanns and the fabric paint was one dollar.)  It was soo nice to have her pick out books and put them in her bag and she had fun doing it.  She felt like such a big girl when she walked up to the check-out desk and handed the librarian her (my) card and pulled all the books out of her bag.  And then after the librarian scanned all the books and handed them back she handed me the receipt which Macey intercepted and put in the outside card pocket.  Although, not as neatly as it is shown in the picture.  The front is just a freezer-paper stencil and the back is a vinyl pocket with ribbon sewn on the edges.  Easy, cute and functional, that's my kind of project!

Linking to:

Photobucket
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!


2 comments:

  1. Love the bag! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea - that's gotta make her feel so proud!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails