Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shower Cleaner

So I ran out of shower cleaner the other day.  You know, the kind that you spray on the shower walls everyday in hopes that you don't get scary soap scum build-up?  So I went to add shower cleaner to my shopping list, and I don't know about you but looking at the long list of things to buy always overwhelms me.  Shopping trips with my two-year-old are a nightmare.  I try to get in and out of the store in as little time as possible before a meltdown erupts.  So I thought if I could save myself a trip down an extra aisle at the store the better off we would be.  I have heard of people making their own cleaners with vinegar and borax but had never tried it because the thought of a vinegary smelling house doesn't appeal to me.  But I decided it was worth a shot. So I found this "recipe" online and put it together.  And ya know what? I think it actually works better than the store bought stuff.  The positives to it are this: it costs almost nothing to make, it doesn't have a chemically smell, and it's enviromentally friendly.  The vinegar smell is really mild and it doesn't last very long.  Here's the "recipe," try it out and let me know what you think.
3 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dishwasher Detergent
1 Tablespoon Borax
Happy housecleaning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails